Administration and Finance Officer
Responsible to Operations Director
Key relationships with
● Operations Director
● Other members of the administration team
● Vicar, clergy and other members of staff
● Members of the church and others enquiring about a range of general and administrative issues, and in particular the payment of expenses and other invoices
● Treasurer and other members of the Treasurer’s team
Main Purpose of job
To ensure the effective administration of the church, supporting the Vicar and the wider leadership team to serve our church members and enabling them to focus on their leading, teaching and pastoral responsibilities.
The nature of this role and the precise job description are subject to revision and a flexible approach is therefore expected.
Responsibilities of the post
Part time – 15 hours per week
1. Become familiar with the day-to-day work of the office in order to be able to cover for time-critical tasks within the admin job share, particularly at times of holiday absence (including during school holidays). Lead on some specific admin tasks (to be confirmed based on skills and aptitude of post holder).
2. Provide support for the Associate Vicar on particular projects (e.g. training courses) as requested.
3. Oversee the payment of all invoices, expense claims and salaries, in conjunction with the Treasurer. Process and file invoices and other related documents.
4. Undertake weekly and month-end data entry and bookkeeping, including bank reconciliations and preparing figures for monthly reports.
5. Deal courteously with personal enquiries at the church office.
6. Be part of the staff team at Holy Trinity, taking weekly opportunities to meet and pray with colleagues.
Gifts and Abilities
The successful applicant should:
• Be able to maintain good boundaries and complete confidentiality
• Be competent and adaptable in using IT
• Be able to manage time well and meet deadlines
• Be well organised, flexible and adaptable
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to deal courteously with the public
• Be able to maintain strict confidentiality over sensitive data e.g. donations and salary details
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant should have:
• Experience of administrative processes and IT systems necessary in a small organisation
• Evidence of work experience which has required good organisational skills
• Experience of, or a willingness to learn, the administrative arrangements to support Church of England services such as baptisms and funerals
• Experience of financial bookkeeping using accounting software such as SAGE
Main Terms and Conditions
Hours: The post is part time, 15 hours per week
Salary: £8346 per annum
Holidays: You will be entitled to a pro rata element of 25 days holiday per year
DBS: Appointment subject to the candidate obtaining a DBS check
Pension: An opt-in pension scheme is available to all Holy Trinity employees
Occupational requirement: The post has an occupational requirement for the successful applicant to be a practising Christian
For full details or to arrange to discuss this opportunity in more detail with our Vicar or Churchwardens, please contact the church office [email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Telephone 01737 766604]
The closing date for applications, via a covering letter and CV outlining why you believe you are suitable for the role, is 6th May 2022. Applications should be submitted via email to the Vicar - email@example.com Interviews will take place on Thursday 26th May 2022.